Style | Fashion Forecast 2016

Saturday 2 January 2016



I told you I'd be back, didn't I!? Well, I'm no liar, as I'm here! I hope you had a glorious NYE and I hope that 2016 has treated you very kind so far. Moving swiftly on to our favourite topic, FASHION, let's see how the 2016 trends are shaping up..


SUEDE

Suede has been huge for the past year! Since Burberry featured a whole lotta suede on their AW14 catwalk, everyone has gone crazy for it (including me) and I'm so happy that I can continue to wear my favourite suede trench into 2016. Suede is this decades best loved fabric and supporters of this are: Jonathan Saunders, Rebecca Minkoff and Oliver Rouesteing. 

CRISP WHITE SHIRTS

Crisp white shirts are simple, chic and incredibly feminine when worn with minimal accessories such as thin long silver necklaces, streamline diamond bracelets and small stud earrings. Oversized works best but fitted and sleek can also look very chic and smart too.

LOVING HIM WAS RED

Red, also known as my favourite colour when it comes to dresses, shirts and lipstick of course. Spanish influences such as bold red flowing dresses that are airy yet sensual. TOP TIP: Team Victorian pussy-bow or pintuck dresses with a red lip for instant class!

CLUELESS?

We all LOVE that 90's film that's full of sass and plaid, right? Well I know that I do! Cher is basically my style idol! Well, PLAID IS BACK AGAIN! We saw plaid rise to fame thanks to fashion blogs back in 2013/14 (*cough cough* Charlotte Fisher AKA Pastel Queen). Larger gingham and plaid takes centerstage for Spring 2016. Think co-ordanting sets and oversized overcoats.

VICTORIAN RUFFLES

High collar necklines, airy blouses, pussy-bow dresses and midi length everything. Victorian fashion is back for good, well, for Spring 2016 anyway. Ruffles are big too for SS16, so make sure you embrace this fabulous old trend. Pintuck dresses are also set to be huge!!

LIGHTWEIGHT DENIM

Denim is always massive near Spring and it's no wonder why - easy to team other garments with and such a fabulous neutral that any makeup look can look fabulous with. Think denim shirts, dresses, skirts and jackets. TOP TIP: Denim looks incredible with Suede!!!

So, what do you think of the predicted trends of 2016? I'm rather pleased with them all, if I'm being 100% honest. I adore the victorian aspect as I do love a good pussy-bow, I also adore the red theme as red is a personal favourite hue of mine! What's your favourite predicted trend for 2016? Let me know in the comments below!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?