Beauty | Top 3 Liquid Matte Drugstore Lipsticks

Sunday 12 June 2016



Liquid Matte Lipsticks are ALL of the rage these days. Thanks to Miss Kylie Jenner, girls are going absolutely crazy for any kind of matte liquid lipstick. I desperately want one of her matte lip kits and would absolutely LOVE to own one, but they are ridiculously hard to get ahold of plus the price is a little extreme, as are the customs and shipping costs. So I have been on the hunt for a drugstore liquid matte lipstick that ticks all of my boxes. I have found three INCREDIBLE matte lippies, one of which is my ALL time fave and a total dupe for one of the Kylie Lip Kit shades, OH MAH GAWD!

Coming in at third place...

Makeup Revolution Velvet Lip Lacquer 

Shade: I FALL IN LOVE

This velvet matte lip lacquer is in the most dreamy bubble gum pink. This lippie is one of the most pigmented liquid lipsticks I have ever come across. The formula is super creamy and smooth and it lasts for the majority of the day but it does slightly flake off, which disappoints me deeply, so after eating  it's advisable to remove all lipstick and re-apply. Not ideal, I know, but the lipstick itself is incredible and it's total worth all of the hassle to have bright popping pink lips that look magically matte and blooming gorgeous.

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolour

Shade: HD SEDUCTION



If you're looking for the perfect nude lipstick, look no further. This nude liquid lipstick is the perfect nude with the dreamiest, creamiest formula. This matte lipstick by Revlon looks incredibly chic in the packaging (the packaging of this lipstick is my favourite lippie packaging ever!!) and looks just as chic on the lips too. The applicator of this lipstick is designed to apply the lipstick to the contours of your lips perfectly and evenly. When applied, this matte lipcolour looks fully matte but is infact quite smooth and not fully dry - this is a plus. Unlike the Makeup Revolution lipstick, featured above, this lipstick looks matte but doesn't flake off! If you're looking for a long lasting, silky smooth matte lipcolour, then this product is for you. They do a broad range of colours, so there's something for everybody. 

Sleek Matte Me Liquid Lipstick

Shade: SHABBY CHIC

Sleek is a brand that is becoming more and more known of in the makeup artistry world. The likes of Manny MUA, Jeffree Star and Nikkietutorials have been lusting over Sleek recently. Their highlighting kits are taking the makeup world by storm as are their matte lipsticks. I just had to purchase one of their new 'Matte Me' shades. I picked up the shade 'Shabby Chic' - this shade is a TOTAL dupe for Kylie Jenner's 'Posie K' lipkit shade!!! Big time makeup artists are absolutely adoring this shade due the similarity to Kylie's lipkit! It's a no brainer, head down to your local drugstore and bag one of these beauties asap!! The formula of this lipstick is incredible and the truest matte out of the 3 in this article. The formula of this matte lipstick doesn't flake after a couple of hours, dries matte almost instantly and stays looking flawless ALL day long.

From Left to Right - I Fall In Love by Makeup Revolution / HD Seduction by Revlon / Shabby Chic by Sleek

Which matte lipstick from the above selection is your favourite? Do you own any of the above? Or do you have a different favourite liquid matte lipstick that you absolutely love? Comment below, I would love to know. I am always looking for new makeup recommendations.

4 comments

  1. Keep hearing so many good things about the Sleek ones, need to pick one up!


    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should. If you do, let me know which shade you choose and whether or not you love it like I do! Love your blog by the way :) x

      Delete
  2. Still haven't tried any matte lipsticks!! I really want to try some and all of these look amazing so I will definitely be buying these, the colour of the Revlon one looks beautiful :)
    Thankyou for reading my post and commenting, loved this post ♥
    And I just followed your blog ♥

    Megan xx |itsmeganrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?