Beauty | Spectrum Collections Siren Makeup Brush Set Review

Wednesday 20 July 2016


Spectrum Collection Brushes are highly commended within the blogosphere. Their brushes are the most Instagrammable brushes known to man. And not only are they the most photogenic brushes I have ever laid my hands on, but the brushes are to a ridiculously high quality, which makes applying your makeup easier and more rewarding than ever. Keep on reading to discover Spectrum Collection's Siren Set of mermaid approved brushes...

The Siren Set by Spectrum Collections is the most dreamy set of makeup brushes in the whole entire world, believe me. Sleek black handles, gold lettering and the most gorgeous gradient holographic effect metal ferrule combined with the fluffiest, softest most luxurious bristles ever - that DO NOT shed - hallelujah! These 12 luxe brushes come with the dreamiest sushi roll to store them in. The sushi brush roll is perfect for laying out on your dressing table or rolling up and taking with you on holiday. There's a clam shell shaped magnetic clasp which wraps around the rolled sushi wrap and the outer to the sushi brush roll is a gorgeous holographic peachy snake print which mermaids, unicorns and all other magical creatures would most definitely approve of. Gorgeous teals, purples, pinks and greens cover the metal ferrules, whilst the bristles are blue with a black finish to the tips.

The Siren Set contains 12 dreamy brushes - 5 large and 7 smaller. The contents of the sushi roll are as follows:

♡ A01 - Large Powder
♡ B01 - Buffing Foundation
♡ C02 - Flat Contour
♡ C04 - Angled Powder
♡ A05 - Precision Blush
♡ B03 - Precision Buffer
♡ A06 - Large Fluffy Shader
♡ B04 - Angled Blender
♡ B06 - Tall Tapered Blender
♡ A17 - Angled Brow
♡ A15 - Lip Liner
♡ A19 - Fine Detailer

A = Application, B = Buffing and Blending and C = Contour. 

Each brush feels luxurious, fluffy and the performance of them is second to none. I have tried many brush brands of all different price tags but these brushes are incredible, truly, truly incredible. I will always use my Real Techniques, eBay and other unknown makeup brushes, but this incredible set by Spectrum will be my staple kit of makeup brushes for the rest of my life, they are so amazing. They blend perfectly (the B06 is better than any brush I have ever used), they don't allow eyeshadow to transfer onto your cheek. The buffing foundation brush (B01) is oh so perfect for the application of baked foundation and liquid foundation too - it does the job seamlessly and helps you achieve flawless makeup effectively and quickly.

Sleek, photogenic and highly professional, these makeup brushes may seem expensive for the £89.99 that they'll set you back, but they are honestly worth every penny. Each brush works out at around £7.50 - not including the chic mermaid-esque sushi brush roll. 


These brushes are the loves of my life and I couldn't be happier with the way they work, the way they look and the way they have been crafted. Not only are they beautiful, but they're beautiful for the planet too - they're Vegan and 100% Cruelty Free! These brushes are handcrafted, hand finished and each metal ferrule has a unique holographic effect - no two brushes are the same. These brushes are a breeze to use and make applying makeup highly enjoyable and super easy. The outcome of your makeup is 40% what you apply and 60% what you use to apply your makeup - this proves that it's pointless scrimping with your makeup brushes, instead you should consider purchasing a staple set from Spectrum Collections. I still adore my budget brushes and will never stop loving them, but having a high end staple kit ensures you really see a difference with the way your makeup looks and feels.

16 comments

  1. Wow, these brushes must be the most beautiful brushes I have ever seen!! And the fact that they are cruelty free is a huge bonus!

    Yiota x

    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are absolutely stunning, aren't they!? It's also such a bonus that they're cruelty free! Thanks for reading Yiota! - Mollie xxx

      Delete
  2. I love spectrum brushes, I've had my eye on them for ages now. I think that I might need to buy them. I love the pretty case too! xx

    www.itsmeganelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing, aren't they! The case really completes the entire set so perfectly! - Mollie xxxx

      Delete
  3. ughhhh these brushes keep popping up on my Insta feed and I'm so in love with them <3 such mermaid vibes!
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just the most gorgeous, instagrammable brushes in the whole world!? - Mollie xxxx

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh! These brushes are so nice! I really need to get them now! Thanks for the review and great post! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're oh SO perfect! Thanks for reading! - Mollie xxxx

      Delete
  5. These sound and look amazing! I am in love with Real Technique ones I have at the moment but I'd love to try other brands as well :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore Real Techniques too! These are ridiculously amazing though and I 100% recommend them! - Mollie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh they're so pretty! I love the bright blue bristles especially. I think they put my art brushes to shame!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh god they're stunning! I keep seeing this brushes on all social media, I must try them!

    Sofia | theglamchapter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are super pretty and I can only imagine how soft they feel! Spectrum brushes are currently everywhere! x

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so pretty, i agree that it's the most quite and stylish brush i also ever seen ^^ especially the make-up pockets, it inspired of a mermaid kind of thing, so pretty ^^

    www.itsbeyondimaginations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great post, your makeup brushes amazing i love the color combination you have a nice and beautiful collection of brushes..Thanks for sharing your blog!

    If you have time, you can also visit this website: http://blushies.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?