Lifestyle | Grumpy Cat X Primark

Tuesday 2 August 2016


Being the crazy cat lady I am, when I saw Primark had collaborated with one of the world's most famous cats, I actually screamed with excitement. Grumpy Cat, whose real name is actually Tardar Sauce, is one of the most famous cats in the world. Grumpy Cat has a form of dwarfism, which is the cause of her permanently unhappy facial expression, although her owners claim she is just a normal happy kitty, 99% of the time. Tarar has a brother, Pokey, a little black and white kitty, who looks a lot like a chubbier, fluffier version of my cat, Carnaby! Tardar only has photo sessions once per week and is rarely handled by strangers, unless on tour, as he is at the moment. Grumpy Cat became famous in 2012 after a photo posted on the social media site, Reddit, shot to fame.. and then Grumpy Cat, the kitty meme king was born!

Photo Source: http://realgrumpycat.tumblr.com/post/38143773372/the-daily-grump-december-17-2012-weve-added-a

In July this year, Primark held a press day for Grumpy Cat's new range which includes bedding, nightwear, stationery and clothing too - their new collection with Miss Tardar Sauce, really is a crazy cat lady's dream come true. Loads of bloggers, web influencers and internet stars attended and had a fabulous cat themed evening, complete with food with Tardar's face on, masks with Tardar's face on and.. well, pretty much EVERYTHING had her gorgeous little grumpy face on!! Tardar even made an appearance herself, I really wish I could have gone!

So when I was casually walking around my local Primark at the weekend, I just couldn't help but squeal with happiness when I saw Grumpy Cat on some of their new pyjamas! I am a massive pyjama hoarder as it is, I probably spend more of my life in pyjamas than clothes!! So I just HAD to pick up the pyjamas and a pack of cute lil Tardar themed socks! I really wish my local Primark stocked the Grumpy Cat bedding and stationary though, I was so disappointed when I realised they didn't. The pyjamas are super soft, comfy and not to mention cute and the socks are super soft and warm. I'm just in love with this collaboration and I want it ALL! I am IN LOVE with Grumpy Cat and her brother Pokey! I wish he had a collection out too, he is SO cute!

The Grumpy Cat X Primark range boasts of gorgeous pink hues with cartoon images of Tardar as well as photographs of him too. The Pyjamas retail at £7-£8 for PJ bottoms and £4.50-£6 for a vest or t-shirt. The socks retail at £2.50 for a pack of three and the bedding set starts at £16 for a single duvet set. Click here to check out the full range + article on Grumpy Cat X Primark written by Rachel Spedding, Primark's Style Editor.

Photo Source: http://www.primark.com/en/features/home/2016/july/grumpy_cat

I will definitely be on the look out for the bedding and stationery in the new Grumpy Cat X Primark range as I NEED more grumpy gorgeousness!! The bedspread definitely needs to make its way to my bedroom as it's just way too darn cute and I NEED it desperately. Let me know in the comments below if you've seen any of the new Grumpy Cat X Primark range and if you're buying/or have bought anything!

4 comments

  1. OMG! I love that there is more than just PJs! I saw the PJs in Brighton a few weeks ago, I am kicking myself for not buying them! I love Grumpy Cat, I think I'll have to take a trip to Primark and hope that there are some left in stock!

    Em x
    www.ohfab.co.uk • lifestyle & design blog • for fab custom logo & blog header designs visit: www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ohfab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to get them! They're incredible! I am so besotted with the entire range and I definitely need it all, there's no question about it! - Mollie xxxx

      Delete
  2. How cute is this? Love it! Wish I could travel to London and shop in Primark, I would definitely spend 5 hours there haha!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super, super, super cute! Primark is THE best shop in the world, such a shame you don't have one near you!! - Mollie xxx

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?