Food | Healthy and Delicious Banana Loaf Recipe

Monday 10 October 2016


The Banana Loaf. A loaf type cake that I was majorly dubious about prior to making and trying this marvellous creation. I adore baking - I adore it to pieces. I also adore cakes and I also adore bananas, so this creation just had to be.. well, created. Keep on reading to discover how to bake the most delicious, golden banana loaf... ever.

You will need:

- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 free range eggs
- Half a cup of melted butter
- 2 cups of flour (plain or self raising)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder (if you use plain flour)

Method:

- Mash your 3 bananas in a bowl with a fork until they are smooth
- Mix in melted butter and sugar to create a smooth and silky mixture
- Beat 2 eggs in a separate bowl before adding to the mixture. Then mix until combined.
- Add the flour and optional baking powder, stir until mixture is fully combined.
- Pour into a prepared loaf tin lined with a paper loaf case, bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 175 degrees C. 
- Remove the golden brown loaf from the oven, place on cooling wire rack for one hour (or until completely cooled) before slicing.
- This loaf cake will keep for up to one week if wrapped and stored correctly in the fridge. I doubt it will last that long though, it's too delicious!

This banana loaf is divine. It is the most delicious cake I have ever made in my life. It's also healthy which is a major plus. Yes, you did read that correctly - a healthy cake - so you can technically eat as much as it as you desire.  I am going to start uploading more recipes so be sure to keep an eye out! I'm going to be using Chia Seeds in some future recipe posts.. you won't want to miss out on those!


If you decide to make this divine Banana Loaf Cake, let me know below. Also, be sure to tag me in your photos, tweets and more! 

2 comments

  1. I so need to try this! Looks wonderfull! kiss^^

    Patsilvarte

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had this before, it sounds lovely! Looks delicious, thanks for sharing! x
    A Blushing Beauty Blog x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?