Thank you for 100,000 pageviews & 3 years of TPOMQ

Monday 19 December 2016


For the past three years, I have been working incredibly hard on my blog, trying to create high-quality content to appeal to all of you. The Perks of Mollie Quirk started as a hobby and is now not only this, but is now used as a portfolio of my writing skills to contribute towards myself getting into my dream career - so I can become a successful journalist. Writing is something I adore, something I do constantly and something I couldn't imagine myself not undertaking as a career and it's thanks to this blog that I have improved my skills so much. Over the three years I have been putting my heart and soul into my little space on the internet, this blog has accumulated over 100,000 page views which I am incredibly thankful for. Keep on reading to hear a little more about the past three years and how blogging has changed my life for the better...

Coat: Primark | Jumper: H&M | Trousers: Primark | Sneakers: TK Maxx | Bag: Louis Vuitton

On December 31st 2013, I decided to start a blog. Fashion and Beauty bloggers were taking Instagram by storm and I wanted to be apart of the movement, I wanted a piece of the action, I just wanted people to like me and what I did. At this point I didn't own one eyeshadow palette or lipstick, I was 16 years old and I had no friends in the then new town in which I was living - blogging was a hobby, something I did to fill up my time and something that gave me an excuse to ask my mum to buy me some eyeshadow palettes to review. I remember sitting in my living room, logging onto Blogger and hitting the 'Create a blog' button. I wrote the most pitiful post on my new polaroid which I received a few days prior. The post itself was around 2 sentences long, with the most stupid little photograph squashed in the corner. I then started reviewing bits of makeup I bought and posting photographs of the outfits I wore to college and both my passion for writing and fashion grew whilst my blog started to expand beyond belief. I remember hitting 1,000 page views and how happy I was and now three years later I have over 100,000, which is just beyond amazing and I can't thank you enough.


At first blogging is hard work (and still is three years on, I doesn't get any easier!!), it's hard to gain views, a following on any form of social media and it can be hard to keep coming up with exciting and fresh content ideas, but I kept at it - I worked hard and I built it up to something I am now INCREDIBLY proud of. I now can't see myself not blogging and I truly believe that I will continue to blog for the rest of my life, so you best add this blog to your bookmarks if you want to see where I'll be in 10, 20 or even 30 years time - this blog won't disappear anytime soon. If it wasn't for blogging I wouldn't be writing, I wouldn't adore photography, I wouldn't have met the people I have, nor would I have enrolled on a media course or even applied for University. My blog has been a constant reminder of why I adore life and even through some of the toughest times of my life, especially when myself and my mum were facing homelessness, this little old blog was here and ensured I had an outlet, ensured I had a purpose, ensured I didn't give up on my dreams. This blog has in many ways kept me going, saved my life and provided me with a sense of purpose.

I think that starting this blog helped me in many ways, both mentally and physically. I also believe that if I had not have started this blog, I wouldn't have the drive, passion and determination I do now. Fashion, Beauty and Writing are three components that make my life complete and whole and without them and this little space on the internet, I have NO IDEA what I would be doing now.

Now as I embark on a year full of wonder and excitement, I am praying that 2017 is the best year yet. I want 2017 to be amazing, mysterious and full of glamour and sparkle. In September I shall be starting University to study Journalism and I cannot wait. But before I wish the entirety of 2017 away before we've even reached new years eve, I'd like to pray and wish for happiness, health, luck and love for myself, my family and you, my valued reader.


This past three years have been incredible and I can't thank you enough for reading everything I publish, admiring the photographs, taking an interest in my blog and well, for liking me. If you didn't like me or my content, you wouldn't be here reading this would you!? And that is why I love you all so much.

Here's to the next three years of high-quality content... 










20 comments

  1. such a cool outfit, i love it!


    http://donnaoctober.blogspot.mk/
    https://www.instagram.com/donnaoctober/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Every single girl out there that puts so much effort and hard work deserves only the best!!! I wish you more successful years and good luck with your new start in journalism!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, sweetheart! Very true, Yiota, I totally agree. Thank you so much, I wish you ever success also. Have a marvellous Christmas and a splendid New Year! - Mollie xxx

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on 100,000 page views !! You blog and pictures are nice and lovely.

    themarshallwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit. Congratz on the page views!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com
    https://www.instagram.com/themakeupaficionado17/
    https://au.pinterest.com/bernadette_95/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Thank you for reading, too!! - Mollie xxx

      Delete
  5. Well done on 100K pageviews and 3 years, you have such an exciting year ahead of you! Good luck with everything 2017 throws your way, I am sure it will be the best year yet and congratulations on getting into uni as well xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much! What a lovely comment. Thank you ever so much, I hope 2017 is amazing for you! - Mollie xxx

      Delete
  6. Awww congrats on three years blogging and 100k page views Mollie! :D Your blog is so lovely and I can't wait to see what 2017 has in store; adore your lip shade also! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elizabeth! You're so sweet and I adore your blog to pieces! Sending love and happiness your way for this festive season and 2017, also. - Mollie xxx

      Delete
  7. nice pants!
    http://zunera-serena.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job girl! I know exactly what you mean, I've been blogging since 2014 and it is still just as challenging as it was in the beginning because as time goes on you always want to improve and better than the last post AND dont get me started on creativity blocks that may come up in between time. But keep it up and as a new reader, I look forward to seeing more from you!!!

    <3 Raven
    Simple Sassy Sultry || Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish you a huge congratulation Mollie! Blogging is such a hard but rewarding hobby. It is the best thing that I have ever decided to do and I agree with you that it has helped me both mentally and physically :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! 2017 sounds like it will be very exciting for you :)

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Mollie! You've done so much with your blog in a short space of time and I'm so glad that it's been a positive place for you when things have been difficult. It's fantastic to know that you've found and honed your passions through your blog. Congratulations on your uni place, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time on your journalism course. Good luck! Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Mollie! I'm proud of how far you've come, all the best for 2017 you beaut! xx

    www.itsmeganelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the 3 years of blogging lovely! I feel the same, blogging has really helped so much. Good luck at Uni!

    hannatalks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?