Skincare picks for blemished and spot-prone skin

Sunday 10 September 2017



I've had spot-prone skin ever since I can remember and it can be a real pain. Ever since I was around 12 my skin has had constant, erratic outbreaks of acne, black heads, white heads and yellow heads. Spots are annoying - whatever shape, size or form they come in, the bottom line is - they're annoying! Luckily however, my skin has been behaving itself lately and I'm pretty sure it's down to my current skincare routine. If you're suffering with spots or spot-prone skin; if you're on the look out for some new skincare additions or maybe if you've tried and tested every spot remedy on the shelves at your local drugstore – keep reading to discover my holy grail spot clearing gems...

I adore cleansers - especially when they work as well as this incredible find by SBC (Simply Beautiful Collection)! I have been using and adoring SBC's skincare gels for a good four years, with brilliant results, but I didn't really know that they did cleansers until just a few weeks ago. Ever since using this marvellous cleanser by SBC in Sage and Lemon, my skin has been feeling and looking beautiful. My skin feels toned, refreshed and clearer - it's a godsend, it really is.

I love to use my Sage and Lemon cleanser by SBC alongside my Magnitone Barefaced! cleansing brush. I have been using my Magnitone Barefaced! for around a year now and the results have been amazing. My skin, face and décolletage feel firmer, more plumped and have been much clearer too, as a result. The Magnitone Barefaced! uses the classic Magnitone Vibra-Sonic Technology – this is a combination of sonic-oscillations and pulsed vibrations; these deep cleanse, tone and massage your skin all at the same time, giving your skin the ultimate work out! I've been using their amazing Pore Perfection brush heads - these heads are specifically for distressed skin that's prone to spots and blemishes. The cross-section of dual layer bristles really get deep down into your pores, ensuring they're uber clean and incredibly refreshed.

After cleansing with my Magnitone Barefaced! combined with the SBC Sage and Lemon Cleanser, I'll then move onto toning and moisturising. Next up is the SBC Witch Hazel and Zinc skincare gel - the perfect gel for spot-prone skin! I have been using SBC's Propolis skincare gel to treat my spot-prone skin for a while now, but this gorgeous Witch Hazel and Zinc skincare gel works just as well, if not better, for when my skin decides to breakout.. BIG TIME! This skincare gel has a gorgeous fragrance to it - it's fresh, refreshing and super uplifting... it's true - I'm obsessed! It mattifys my skin without leaving it feeling dried out, refreshes it without feeling wet and within just a day or two my skin looks and feels clearer and more comfortable!

I'll then move on to applying my Vichy Minéral 89 booster serum. This product is a godsend - especially when my skin needs a boost in the hydration department! Containing 89% of Vichy's incredible Mineralising Thermal Water, this booster helps to strengthen your skin and hydrate deep down into your skin's moisture barrier. Also containing Hyaluronic Acid this booster really does pack a punch to boost your skin as much as possible! If you're in need of a glow, this is what you've been looking for. The texture is silky smooth but sinks in like water - with not a trace of residue left upon the skin. The formulation is non-greasy, non-sticky, non-shiny and fragrance free - perfect for those of us who suffer with spots, acne and sensitive skin.

After using the Minéral 89 Booster by Vichy, I'll apply a lightweight moisturiser - the amazing L'Oréal Hydra-Genius Aloe Water. This beautiful liquid care is lightweight, silky smooth and again, leaves no residue whatsoever - silky smooth, glowing skin is all that remains. I find this moisturiser perfect whatever the weather or whatever my skin decides to do... a breakout, a dry patch, an oily area? It works well and leaves my skin feeling fresh, smelling fragrant and looking clear. Not only do I use this morning and evening, but I adore using this liquid care as a primer too... it just works so well - it's a real multi-tasker!

What's your current skincare routine? And what is your current skin complaint? Let me know in the comments below!







Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?