A very autumnal makeup look

Saturday 21 October 2017


Autumn is my favourite time of the year and autumnal makeup looks are my favourite kind of makeup looks. Rusty hues, a berry lip and a glowing base - how can you not LOVE this season? In this post I shall be talking you through how I create my go-to makeup look for fall - if you like warm eyeshadows, berry lips, long lashes and a lit highlight, keep reading to discover how you can create my go-to look too!!

STEP ONE // BASE

In the fall I like to have a natural dewy base - a base that will last all day, provide a medium coverage and look light and airy (not caked on at all). The new Clarins Everlasting Cushion is the perfect foundation for me to use as a base in the fall. I had always wanted to try a cushion foundation but was dubious, until I heard about the new Clarins cushion foundation and had a read up about it - I instantly knew that this was the foundation for me and I just had to try it. The formulation of the foundation is lightweight, dewy and boasts of some amazing qualities too. With an SPF 50 to protect your skin from the autumn sun and harsh winds; an anti-pollution complex to protect the skin; cushion technology which evens skin tone and corrects the same as a fluid foundation but in an easier, more convenient way; and Organic Quinoa Extract which helps maintain skin's moisture levels throughout the day. 

I absolutely adore the new Clarins Everlasting Cushion Foundation - it's utterly stunning and so perfect for this time of the year. The beautiful, durable packaging means that it's easily transportable and perfect to throw in your handbag so that you can touch your makeup throughout the day. The formula is light, airy, doesn't flake or look patchy and keeps your skin looking fresh, beautiful and radiant throughout the entirety of the day through to the night. 

Next I highlight - my choice of highlighter would definitely have to be the Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator in Gilded Honey. This highlighter is the perfect shade for fall. The gold really pops and teams well with the warm eye look and dewy base. 

STEP TWO // EYES

For my eyes during the fall I usually opt for a rusty gold look - think plums, oranges, brick reds, sunrises and flecks of shimmery gold. The Naked Heat palette is the perfect autumnal accompaniment for creating all of those gorgeous warm eye looks. Using Low Blow as the transitional shade, He Devil for the crease and Scorched for the centre - this combination creates the most gorgeous look which definitely resembles a beautiful sunset. I also LOVE to use Lumbre for beneath the eye and for the inner-corner also as it really brightens the eye look and adds an extra depth and sparkle. If you want to see full swatches of the Naked Heat Palette, along with full descriptions of each shade and a full review; check out this blog post here.

Another great product for autumnal eyes would have to be Clarins' Waterproof Eye Liner Pencil in 07 Copper - the most autumnal eyeliner I own! Super glittery, highly pigmented and long-lasting.

My go-to mascara throughout the entire year is hands-down the Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara - it's AMAZING and when combined with eyelash curlers, the results are truly breathtaking. This combo has literally stopped me from wearing black winged eyeliner because I feel that my eyes look wider, fresher, more youthful and more sophisticated without it these days.

Now onto brows.. I adore my Bulletproof Brows by Too Faced in the shade Universal Brunette. It's absolutely amazing and stays in place all day long. The colour is perfect for me (even when my hair may be lighter from the sun, or darker if I've had a fresh dye). If you want perfect brows that don't look too harsh or 'too perfect' then Bulletproof Brows is for you as they create naturally perfect brows. 


STEP THREE // LIPS

The Make Up For Ever Artist Liquid Matte Lip Color in 207 from Debenhams is THE perfect berry hue for fall. I've tried many berry lipsticks over the past couple of years and honestly... nothing comes close to this! It's deep enough to be a dark berry shade and super comfortable on the lips without feeling heavy, sticky or thick. The formulation of this lipstick isn't drying; it stays all day; and it doesn't flake away either. If you're looking for a super pigmented berry lipstick, then this is your new BFF!

What's your go-to autumn makeup look? Let me know in the comments!









5 comments

  1. You write beautifully and your blog is possibly my favourite go to beauty blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, Savana! This comment means the actual world to me - coming from you especially! Thank you so much beautiful. Lots of love... - Mollie xxx

      Delete
  2. Lots of love to you too.. your blog is actually saved on my reading list xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That eyeshadow palette screams Autumn omg! xx

    Carolina's Makeup Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Naked Heat palette is definitely the perfect Fall palette. I need to use it more!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?