Where have I been?

Saturday 14 October 2017


I've been a little quiet recently - on here and on my social media platforms too. Things have been really hectic for me lately and I just thought I should give you a little update so that you can get excited for the upcoming content that will be coming to my blog very soon...

Where have I been?

So, I started university a few weeks ago and ever since lectures have started my life has been ridiculously busy, hence why there hasn't been much content from me recently on here. Uni is going brilliantly so far and I'm really happy with my choice of degree to study. Yes, there's a lot of work to do, ever such a lot of reading and so much studying and note-taking, but I know it's all going to be worth it in the end, especially when I finally get my dream career as Editor-in-Chief of a famous high-end fashion magazine.

I won't lie and say I'm not overwhelmed by all of the work I'm going to have to put in over the next three years, because of course I am - who wouldn't be? But I'm ready for this, determined to succeed and totally prepared for the challenge. There's thousands of pages to read and many essays to write, but I know that if I dedicate my life to working hard while I'm young, my life will be wonderful when I'm older - so bring on the life I strive for and will totally deserve as I grow old.

What's next for The Perks of Mollie Quirk?

Well, there's NO WAY that I'll stop blogging - not in a million years! Blogging is everything to me. Blogging is the best hobby I could have ever undertook and blogging is what developed my love and passion for writing and journalism. I aim to continue posting on my blog as regularly as possible and once I'm in the swing of things at uni I'll be completely back on track and trust me, you'll probably be sick of seeing my posts pop up everywhere...

I have so many exciting posts coming up over the next few weeks/months.. from a first look at a Beauty Advent Calendar to my Autumn Beauty Picks and *BIG DRUM ROLL PLEASE* my annual (highly anticipated) Luxury Christmas Gift Guide! Get ready for some amazing content coming your way! I'm so excited for you all to see everything!


A little more about this very autumnal outfit....

As the seasons change, the weather can be unpredictable, which means choosing an outfit can be difficult to say the least. On the gorgeous autumnal day that these photos were shot, I sported the perfect autumn outfit. I teamed a gorgeous lace detailed navy blouse with navy trousers, a gorgeous navy handbag, gorgeous slide-on loafers and my beautiful trench coat.

I love a good blouse. In the past year I have accumulated A LOT of blouses as I feel they suit me down to a tee! This gorgeous blouse was purchased from Primark in August. It's a stunning blouse that was relatively cheap but looks classy and not cheap at all. The vintage style lace at the top teamed with the floaty bell sleeves and fitted body really make this blouse classic and stylish. Perfectly on-trend and so perfect for the transitional months - cool yet warm, and can be worn from autumn through to spring.

Popping a good staple trench coat over the top of any outfit really can finish the outfit off with an extra depth of classiness. Perfect for autumn and spring (our most transitional, unpredictable seasons), I feel a trench coat really does make an outfit and I couldn't be without my M&S Cotton Trench with Stormwear technology.

I'm also sporting a beautiful timepiece from Adexe London - the Meek Grande in Silver. It's a gorgeous vintage style watch that I adore wearing day-in, day-out! So classy with a retro feel and perfectly teamed with my Liberty of London Garden Gates Silk Scarf!

The last component of this outfit that I shall be taking about is the gorgeous navy blue handbag that I'm sporting. From Bessie's new AW17 collection my BW3053 in Navy is the most amazing bag for autumn and of course university! Carrying all of my essentials with ease, this gorgeous handbag looks slick, classic and rounds this outfit up perfectly - I just adore it!

Full outfit details

Blouse: Primark 
Trench Coat: Marks and Spencer
Bag: Bessie
Scarf: Liberty of London
Watch: Adexe London
Shoes: Primark
Trousers: Primark


Thank you so much for reading! Again, I'm sorry for my absence, but I'm back and excited for you to see my annual Luxury Christmas Gift Guide this November! Keep checking back here so you don't miss it...










6 comments

  1. Great post hon. So glad uni is going well for you. You're gunna smash it. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post dear …………………keep posting!!!!!

    cushions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look. Welcome back! Great that you're at university, reminds me of the good old days.

    www.upyourvlog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Let me know what you thought of it below?